Resumes suck, right?
You have to fit your entire life story onto a page, all to be judged by a recruiter within 6-7 seconds. If you feel discouraged, that’s totally understandable.
Hi! I’m Crystal Lee and I’m not your average resume writer.
I’m a holistic career coach who gets that working on your resume can be an emotional experience. That’s why I’ve designed a program to support you through the process from start to finish.
In the Resume Therapy program, you have permission to show up with all of yourself.
- Post-traumatic stress from a previous work experience?
- Resentment around toxic work environments that held back your career?
- Work gaps due to life circumstances?
- Lack of confidence because of personal setbacks?
Bring it on. Let’s process your past experience together and craft it into a winning resume that will kick-start the next chapter of your life.
In the Resume Therapy program, you will get 5 private coaching sessions with guided exercises in between. Sessions take place virtually so you can take part from anywhere in the world!
🔰Coaching Session #1: Getting to Know You
- Gentle chat about your journey to where you are now
- Exploring your current situation and aspirations in both work and life
- Unpacking challenges for your resume and job search
🔰Coaching Session #2: Connecting the Dots
- Understanding your target role and company
- Connecting the dots between where you’ve been, where you are, and where you want to be
🔰Coaching Session #3: Laying the Foundation
- Sampling resume layouts
- Creating the building blocks of your resume
🔰Coaching Session #4: Compiling Your Resume
- Selecting content to highlight
- Targeting information for applicant tracking systems (ATS) and busy recruiters
🔰Coaching session #5: Fine-Tuning Your Resume
- Wordsmithing and formatting
- Devising a plan to make tailoring your resume an efficient process
🙌You’ll walk away with:
- An updated resume that is targeted towards one specific role type
- A compelling personal summary that you can repurpose in cover letters, interviews, your LinkedIn profile, and networking introductions
- Building blocks for creating future versions of your resume
- Knowledge of how to adapt your resume as your goals and aspirations evolve
- Greater confidence to propel your job search forward
✅This program is especially valuable if:
- It’s been a long time since your last job search and your resume is out-of-date
- You are switching careers and your resume is still geared towards your old industry
- You are building a resume from scratch and you don’t have the right content or layout yet
❌This program is NOT for you if:
- You are not able to put in 3-10 hours of work to build your resume between each coaching session. (I will support you every step of the way, and guide you with sample wording, but I will not type up your resume. If you prefer that someone does the typing for you, then I can recommend traditional resume writers to support you.)
- You don’t have a clear idea of what type of role or company you are targeting. (Because we will be practicing how to target a resume to a job posting, you will need to provide that focused target in order for our partnership to succeed.)
Don’t shy away from resume writing anymore!
Let’s develop a compelling story from the ups and downs of your life. Only you have gone through what you have gone through, and that is what will make you stand out from the crowd. And let’s fit that story onto a 1-2 page resume!
Time investment: Five 75-minute coaching sessions are usually scheduled with 1 or 2 weeks in between, and must be completed within 3 months of the first session. Homework assignments will be assigned between each session, and on average, they take 3-10 hours to complete.
Cost of the Resume Therapy program: $800
Drop your resume baggage and learn to craft a winning resume
What happens next?
Once your application has been submitted, you will get an email letting you know whether you meet the qualifications for the program within 3 business days.
- If you qualify for the program, we will book a 20-minute call to review any questions, discuss your upcoming availability, and walk through the action steps required before our first coaching session.
- If you do not currently qualify for the program, you will get an email with clarification questions or alternative resources.
Got questions? Send me a message.