Whether you’re moving to a new city or a new country, moving is stressful.
First, there’s figuring out where to move to and how to get there. Then, there’s the challenge of settling down. All the while, you’re juggling work, life, relationships, and responsibilities. Luckily, you don’t have to do it alone.
Hi! I’m Crystal Lee and I’m a relocation life coach. I’m here to support you as you navigate the ups and downs of moving.
Having moved plenty of times before, I understand that the process is never simple. I will walk alongside you as you explore options for your move, manage the stress of moving day, and re-establish a sense of home in your new environment.
What is relocation life coaching?
Relocation life coaching helps you get to where you want to be – internally and externally.
If you’re just beginning to consider a move in your future, I’ll guide you in understanding your motivations for the change, identifying options that match your goals, and taking steps to turn ideas into reality.
If you’re already in the process of moving, I’ll help you move through the anxiety and fears of the upcoming change. We’ll come up with strategies to manage your stress so you can make bold moves like finding a new job or having courageous conversations with loved ones.
If you’re now in your new environment and feeling out of sorts, I’ll help you reconnect with your resilience and resourcefulness. I understand that moving can be an exciting choice, an unexpected opportunity, or even an unplanned change. Whatever the reason for your move, and however you feel about it, I am here to help you settle and thrive again.
Sample relocation life coaching topics:
- Deciding where to live so you can pursue your goals
- Seeking employment in a different city
- Planning for the sale or purchase of a home
- Managing the stress of uprooting your life
- Overcoming loneliness and culture shock in a new environment
- Building a sense of community and forming meaningful relationships
- Conquering fears and taking action
- Developing self-confidence
- Creating a life vision and turning it into reality
Whatever topic we start with, let’s take a holistic look at what’s most important to you, so you can achieve your definition of success and belonging.
What I bring to support you:
- Professional Coach Training: I completed a 200-hour training program with Co-Active Training Institute, widely recognized as the most rigorous professional coach training and certification program in the industry.
- Intercultural Competency: I have supported hundreds of individuals from all walks of life and from across the globe. I recognize there are multiple ways to approach every situation and I believe in exploring different viewpoints with my clients.
- First-hand Experience: I grew up in an immigrant family and understand the challenges of building a new life while straddling cultures. I have also lived in large cities and smaller towns in Canada and USA, so I can relate to the experience of relocating due to education, career opportunities, and lifestyle factors.
- Career Expertise: I am a seasoned career coach who has helped professionals grow their careers in new and fulfilling directions. I love to share strategies for networking and job searching with relocating job seekers.
- Creativity and Curiosity: I believe you’re the expert of your life, and my role is to bring out your natural creativity and resourcefulness. My coaching style involves lots of curious questions and sometimes creative play.
How It Works
Coaching happens over phone or video call (e.g. GoogleMeet, WhatsApp). That means we can work together as long as you have a stable internet connection.
I’ve worked with folks living across Canada from Vancouver to Ottawa. I’ve also supported international clients as far as France, South Africa, and Taiwan. I offer coaching in English with the option to incorporate Cantonese (fluent) and Mandarin (conversational).
I offer coaching both within and outside of traditional work hours including weekday evenings and on weekends. You’ll have the chance to share your time preference in the interest form below.
Because “fit” or “chemistry” is an important part of coaching success, I offer a free 20-minute consultation for new clients. During that call, we’ll get to know each other and you’ll have the chance to ask me any questions. After that, my rates are:
- 30 minutes: $65
- 60 minutes: $120
I reserve 3 hours each month for folks in transition to pay at a reduced rate (sliding scale). Please indicate on the interest form if you would like to learn about this opportunity.
Interested in relocation life coaching?
What happens next?
Once your interest form has been submitted, you will get an email within 2 business days to coordinate a call.
Got questions? Send me a message.